Sunday, February 26, 2012

JAZZERCISING FOR 35 YEARS!!


I wish it was me but it's not.  It's my Jazzercise Instructor, Claudia Acri, who could easily have danced in "A Chorus Line."  A year ago my daughter Andja got me to go to one of her classes and I've been hooked ever since.  Yes... it is the original "Aerobics" and may I say... because Claudia is "born to dance" she makes the classes so much fun.  The amazing thing is that many of her students have been taking her class for over 30 years.
Last Saturday we celebrated her 35th year of teaching.  For this class Claudia went back and resurrected old routines and music that she taught when she first started at age 19 when she was dancing barefoot and using a "record player".  After class her managers threw a big party to celebrate.  

Music ranges over a period of 50 years and we even do an occasional line dance like "Slapping Leather".  I quickly felt like I was back in my "dancing days" although I don't quite move like I used to.  Her students range in age from early twenties to early eighties and they all can "boogie" like the best of them but some slightly less energetic!  So, I wanted to share one of my joys in life with you who are reading my little blog. 



Above are a couple of videos I added for your enjoyment.  Okay, I don't take the best of videos but I was trying to move while filming.  The group on the little stage are some of her class managers.  Claudia is on the ground with the microphone.  The other video starts sideways but don't worry it eventually turns right side up.  No academy awards for me in cinematography but that's okay.  This tribute is to a wonderful person who brings joy to so many people while she helps keep them healthy through exercise.  If you are in the neighborhood and interested in trying out one of her classes please call me 626 355-3232 or e-mail me Catpistoni@aol.com and I'll get the info to you.  She teaches day classes from 9 to 10 and evening classes from 6:30 to 7:30.  Not only will you have fun but you'll make some new friends too.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I actually did her class for about a year 10 years ago - it was fun!

    ReplyDelete